Saturday, February 6, 2010

santeria

i never used to listen. i'd talk, and talk and talk, but i didn't listen. i'd spend whole conversations waiting and itching and jumping out of my skin just to turn it around to where i'm the one talking. but over the years i realized i was missing out on a lot. i was missing out on my friends thoughts, feelings, and opinions. i was missing out on the "point" of the conversations i was having. i didnt observe anyone or anything.
but now, i spend my life observing. i realized i've made better connections lately with my friends and relatives. i became better at judging the character of my acquaintances, which has resulted in me having better friends. i am more interested in other people's opinions, even if they don't mesh with mine.

{{one of the great things about being observational is knowing exactly who is trying to pull one over on you. i'm onto you, and i know who you are.}}

today i discovered Aimee Allen. her music is soothing and i love her voice. i feel her optimism vibrating in my skin. i also bought "How to be an Explorer of the World" by keri smith. i can't wait for it to arrive. i hope this evening finds everyone well; my friend Natalie is leaving tomorrow to go to florida for seven months. i'm going to miss her so much. even though i don't see her everyday, she has a place in my heart and its so sad that i cant text her to get lunch or go to her house with other friends. i hope natalie has a safe trip and an amazing experience at disney. i know she will. and i also know that while she's there, she's going to touch the lives of others. <3 bye nat, i love you. see you in 7 months!

0 comments: