Friday, February 12, 2010

questions answers thoughts





i rely heavily on yourbreath youreyes yoursmile yourface yourlips
to tell me things i needtoknow needtofeel needtoexperience.

are you experienced?
are you specialenough bigenough wiseenough coolenough
to love me?
and is love really realrealasmeandyou plain as day
simple crazy winding full of adventure?
do i take the plunge to meet you half way or maybe even
three quarters?

today you opened up my chest
put your hands on me and dug deep
into my ribcage
pulled apart my bones
plunged a hand in and pulled out
my 
voice box.

did you think i was going to say heart?
did you think you had caught me?
do you think i've let you in yet?
do you really want to be let in?

because i've seen the potential in the fire of your eyes
and i've seen the potential in your hands
i've seen the potential in the way you listen when i talk.
do you see the potential in me?

i drink this cup of tea and nurse the wounds that have brought me here today to say all i've ever needed to say and i'm just wondering if that might be okay.










please tell me what you guys think of this, i wrote it and i like it but i want to know opinions other than my own. constructive criticism welcome; if you're going to be mean then you can kiss my ass. 



0 comments: