Sunday, June 6, 2010

the tree on Crescent St. [part three]

NOTE: IF YOU LIKE THIS STORY, PLEASE GO TO 

http://www.radiantprose.com/entry/view/480 AND VOTE FOR ME TO HAVE MY STORY READ BY MELISSA MARR, AUTHOR OF THE WICKED LOVELY SERIES!!!!!!!!!! I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER AND MAKE YOU A THANK YOU CARD IF YOU WISH



7.      Going to Alissa’s house, I always felt a little weird. We both lived in Connecticut, but my house was definitely more humble in size than hers. The front gates opened to let me in her driveway. I smiled at Sam, the guard who worked for her parents. I would have gotten her myself, but Mrs. Spellman, Alissa’s mother, did not quite care for me. I think it was because Alissa wanted to be an archaeologist, and I encouraged her to follow her dream. Her parents, however, had given her a stethoscope for her fourteenth birthday. Catch my drift? I was starting to space out as Alissa hopped into the passenger seat. “Where to?” she asked. “Friendly’s.” We drove off with Mrs. Spellman watching through her kitchen window.

8.          Friendly’s was reasonably crowded for a Thursday night. My guess was the lack of school the next day. Our district had the day off for some dead guy’s birthday or something. However, we were seated right away. “Hi, my name is Kailin, and I will be your server today. Can I start you off with some drinks?” The waitress looked nervous. She could only have been our age or even younger. Alissa and I sat side by side in our booth. “How was your day?” she asked, as I played with her purple fishnet stockings, plucking and releasing them with a snap. I relayed to her the day’s events. She laughed when I told her about Mrs. Lycra. “Oh, she’s not so bad.” I countered, “That’s because you always get A’s.”  In an instant, Kailyn was there with our drinks, and ready to take our order. “Two BLT’s slathered in mayo with fries.” Kailyn scurried away, probably hoping to not screw up. The rest of dinner was pleasant, and the evening air was serene when we finally left at 6:30. It was as if the recent storms had never existed

9.     When we got to my house, it was empty as I knew it would be. My mother was working late as usual. “Can I start you off with some drinks?” I imitated Kailyn. Alissa pushed my arm playfully, and then squealed when she saw the movie I picked out. Girls can get so excited over the smallest things. I poured us some Coke and popped in the dvd. We spent the next two hours making out and watching Cameron Diaz make a fool of herself with Christina Applegate.
 

0 comments: