Sunday, June 20, 2010

happy father's day!!


happy father's day to the best father i could ever imagine.

if you want to know about my dad, i don't even know where to start. he is one of the most thoughtful men i know. and he cares about his four children more than even i could ever know. he does everything for us, whether shlepping us to work, school, soccer games, singing recitals, you name it. if we need something, or even want something, he'll help us get it. he doesn't spoil us, but we want for nothing. my dad has worked hard all my life to make sure i had a good childhood. we moved to long island so that we could have a yard and a pool. he brought me up to Cortland when i so desperately wanted to go there, and he came up and loaded the car back up when i so desperately needed to come back home.

my brothers idolize my dad. when they grow up, they want to be just like him, and i know why. he's one of the nicest people anyone could meet. he's friendly, and always smiling. everyone wants to know him, my friends have had crushes on him, and i'm sure that women his age love him! even though my dad no longer lives with me, he is still one of the most constant people in my life. i never once for a second thought that my dad moved out and left me. he is here all the time with us, and when he's home with his rescued kitten, Spooky, he is a phone call away.

there is so much more i could say about my dad, but then i'd be sitting here for longer than forever. thank you for being such an amazing dad, and showing me what kind of man i want to marry. you are one of my best friends, and i love you.

2 comments:

Erimentha said...

:) such a sweet post!

he sounds like an amazing dad!

xxx

chelsea rebecca said...

aw this is so wonderful!!
sounds like your dad is simply the greatest!