Thursday, November 5, 2009

Once

[Note: this is an old piece, but something i'm very proud of.]


Once, I closed my eyes

And I sat upon a dream

I opened up to let light in,

And it slipped away from me.

But it is all I think about,

That flicker of a dream.

I think that maybe it had meant

That you were coming back to me.

Once there was a girl,

Yes, we’ll call her Lydia.

She was blind as one can be,

But she painted the sun.

And now she’s my inspiration

As you used to be.

Since you’re gone, all I can do

Is pray you’re coming back to me.

Once I listened deeply

And I heard a melody.

I try so hard to forget you

But you will not let me be.

It’s the strangest of obsessions,

Like the moon controls the sea.

All I do is wonder if

You are coming back to me.

I woke up next to nothing,

Expecting something more

Than a tiger in the bedroom

And a bottle on the floor.

And still, all I think of is that

Flicker of a dream

Sadly, I do not believe it means

That you are coming back to me.

0 comments: