Saturday, November 28, 2009

boys boys boys

so i go online and someone's away message is up. and i can't say what it said, but i'll tell it to you in person if you so desire to know what it is. it's just song lyrics, don't let it bother you. BUT if i say what they lyrics were, that person will say "ohh thats MY away message!" and then get all defensive about what i'm about to say. but.... i hope they don't lol.


ok so this away message, these lyrics, a few weeks ago, (s)he used these same lyrics in an away message ABOUT me. i know its about me and i'm not just ASSUMING it because they TOLD me it was about me. well now its about someone else. now... did i WANT them to like me and display it on their away message? no. i have a boyfriend, i don't need someone else to like me, and that's all good. but... does it take away the value of what it meant to have someone like me? yeah.

it's kindof like when i dated bill for a few months and he would always quote "eryn smith" by THE MATCHES because it was "about" me and it's a fucking good song. and then we broke up. and "eryn smith" was now and forever MY song. but then a week later, he puts in his profile LYRICS to ERYN FUCKING SMITH about his NEW GIRLFRIEND.. who was also an ex girlfriend of his BUT it completely stripped away whatever it meant when he was with me. it meant, "this song wasn't about you, it was just a song." it's like giving you a blender and tricking you into believing that it has MEANING.

god, i hate boys.

0 comments: