Monday, May 17, 2010

mission sophomore year: complete

"we can have in life but one great experience at best, and the secret of life is to reproduce the experience as often as possible."
-oscar wilde

tomorrow is the last day of my sophomore year, and i guess i want to reflect on this past semester.
i met some amazing new friends and acquaintances: alessia, alex, rudy, mike, hal, and the rest of Patti Tana's poetry workshop; the women's students association girls, and sarah; and i reconnected with an old classmate, lauren.
i broke free of some friendships that were unhealthy.
i started writing one of my favorite stories i've ever written, and wrote some poems that i feel reflect who i really am.
i read some incredible life changing books.
my psychology class was wonderful, and most of the people were a pleasure to be in class with at 10 am.
i saw Lights in concert during my lunch break.
i realized i am really, really stupid when it comes to math, more than i ever thought.
i only missed ONE poetry class out of 30ish.
i won a poetry contest [third prize]

and some things that happened outside of school but are still worth reflecting on:
i got a new job.
i saw Taylor Swift and almost died of happiness
i went to the witches brew, a lot, and had a few girls' nights
i adjusted to my dad not living with me.
i'm overcoming fears and obstacles, and learning what's important.
i can cross a few goals off of my list.

all in all this was an amazing few months. i have such a newfound sense of confidence. since i'm not depressed any more, i feel invigorated. i feel like a bad day doesnt always become a bad week a bad year a bad two decades. i feel like there ARE people out there who are worth it. i feel like maybe my writing can take me somewhere. i feel like i can do anything i want to do if i put my mind to it [except for math]. the only thing i didn't do enough of this semester was day dream about Paris. but i'll take it.

next stop, summer :)

0 comments: