Friday, May 28, 2010

in new york.... concrete jungle where dreams are made of, there's nothing you can't do.

"don't see it."
"it will ruin the experience of the show, and the first movie."
"terrible! atrocious! an insult!"

i heard all of this and more about Sex and the City part deux. and so i went with a heavy heart. would it ruin all that i love about Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte and Miranda? No. Nothing could. i know that now. these four women... these four beautiful, graceful, fashionable, real women... nothing could make me love them less.

i won't spoil the movie. i will say some moments had me surprised, some moments had me laughing my ass off, and just like the first movie, it made me a litttle teary eyed. because there is a soft spot on my heart for these girls. they're not perfect. they're not always right. but they are real.


carrie, she gives me hope. hope that one day i, too, will be a writer, and women will clamor to buy my books. that maybe one day my closet will be full, my feet will glitter, and i will be married to the one i love, even if it's not until i'm over 40.

samantha, she shows me that you can have a banging body no matter how old you are [they all do], and that sex is nothing to be ashamed of.

charlotte shows me that we all judge, but in the end, we can overcome judgement to help out our friends who need our love more than our anger. and that sweating the small stuff leads to more stress than we can sometimes handle.

and miranda... miranda shows me that women can do anything we set our minds to, that we can be moms and lawyers, that we really can juggle it all.

the friendship of these women is something i vow to use as a model for my own friendships. i support my friends, they support me. i may not always agree with them, but i love them and stand by them.
til death do us part.

0 comments: