Sunday, January 10, 2010

this i know

when i meet that someone special
{i hope [s]he reads eyeliner and wears poetry}
i will trace sacred verse on his body with my tongue,
and dedicate sonnets to her lips
no one will know what it feels
to be me
in love.
love will be the glow in my skin,
the sheen in my hair,
the rose in my cheeks,
the blush in my breast,
the life in my blood,
the pump of my heart.


{s}he will know the difference
between love and lust,
pain good and bad,
happiness and sorrow,
because i will teach him.
i will show her the ropes of my love,
the things i believe in,
the things i want to believe in.


i wish that this great love of my life
would hurry on over to me;
time is only fleeting when you ask it to be slow.
but i love you, i love you, i love you.
this i know.

0 comments: