Friday, January 29, 2010

reflection

it's crazy how a year can make such a difference. a year ago this time i was miserable. i had just gotten home from the worst experience of my life thus far [what i went through at cortland trumps my parents divorce, my almost dying at birth and every other bad thing that has happened to me. yes, it was that bad], and i didn't know what to do. i didn't want to be here, or anywhere. i didn't want to go to school, i fought a lot with my parents, i just had no idea where to turn. i turned 19 a year from this coming monday. on the day i picked to celebrate my birthday, my great aunt died. for my birthday, i had a funeral to attend.

but this year is already so much better. i'm happier, i found art in a big way {i had always known art was a passion but i have really come into my own artistically}, for the first time, i actually intend to follow through completely on my list of 100 goals. to be honest, i always INTENDED on following through, but i never had the motivation. but now i've found the motivation deep in my soul. i realized that although i can't help that i'm depressed by nature, i can do everything within my own power to be happy. i've been doing great in school, making new friends, catching up with old ones, making dates and plans and seeing where the road takes me.

all i need is a job and i am set to go on this roadtrip called life.

0 comments: