Wednesday, December 30, 2009

[INSERT NOUN HERE]s that inspired me in 2009*


*francesca lia block [[the imagery in her books is startling, magical, and arouses all of my senses. the impact she has had on my writing, oh god. she is the only author to ever have such an impact on my style.]]

*diablo cody [[she is the badass of hollywood right now. she does what she wants, she knows exactly where she stands and her knack for coming up with fresh, brave dialogue drives me to be a better writer. Juno is still one of my favorite movies of all time.]]

*lady gaga [[ gaga can actually sing, she has worked with countless artists as a song writer, and she makes her shows into more than a concert... its always a performance. she takes her art to the next level, and love her or hate her, we're all eating out of the palm of her hand]]

*the riot girl movement [[i realized this year that i. am. a. feminist. so hear me roar, while i figure out exactly how i'm going to save the world.]]

*My So Called Life [[this show was cancelled after its first season in the 90's. i guess the world wasnt ready for something so intelligent, raw, and real. but i have been waiting for a show like this and watching it really did change my life. someday, i want to write a show that comes even CLOSE to being as smart and amazing as MSCL. also Claire Danes is so charming and beautiful. how could one not be captivated?]]

*blogs [[my blog, to me, was a big part of my 2009. its a place to share my thoughts with people, even when no one is reading it lol. but its my voice and opinion out there, like it or not. i hope i get a few more readers in 2010 but im going to keep up with it no matter what.]]


tbc?

0 comments: