Sunday, December 6, 2009

bookworld

drinking my pineapple juice that grandma brought over for me, watching the chronicles of narnia on disney channel because nothing else is on. its sunday, and even though i hate bloody mondays, sundays are wonderful in my book.


SPEAKING of books:

i think that without books i would have no idea what to do with myself. seriously. a great deal of my time is spent reading, writing, thinking about both, interacting online with authors, and daydreaming about writing my own books one day all while having enough time to read the 500+ on my list. the library is a second home. or, it was, until it was spoiled a bit for me. but it's my sacred place. my church. i wish i could have cards in manhattan and suffolk. but i settle for here and queens. i'm the girl who gets "Spoken to" at the library for requesting too many things. i tried donating to the library but they didn't quite get it. oh well. all that being said, i wish i had the ambition to open my own library. i think i'd open a private one. not one where you had to pay to be a member, but one where you had to be a lover of books to enter. with a huge "Teen section". i dont like the label "young adult/YA" because that makes me think of kids 14 and under. i think there needs to be: childrens, young adult, teen, adult. how about just books for everyone?
i think someday i'm going to open a cafe with poetry night, amazing cupcakes, a place specifically for people to read and write, and a little library. hmm...

0 comments: