Tuesday, December 22, 2009

expelled



my expulsion notice came today
so i packed my pink suitcase and hopped on the train
before i left, put a note upon my bed, it read
"gotta run or i might as well be dead."

my grandmother was surprised when i arrived
"you should have told me you needed a ride."
i calmly explained to her that runaways don't have time
and, as for rent, could my down payment be a dime?

it was a cold and wintry day
still, i marched my butt all up and down Steinway
trying to find a job, at Rite Aid or Dwayne Reade
the managers shook their heads, for employees they've no need

i look around, discouraged, and close both my eyes
today was hell, and now, i find, to my surprise
it was just a little dream, i'm waking in my bed
i'm always imagining things inside my pretty head

sorry to make you believe
in all the craziness inside of me
i'll see you later, don't have much time to talk
gotta clean up this house so my mother doesn't squawk

0 comments: