Sunday, August 29, 2010

liar liar your heart is on fire

so many people try to tell me that my bisexuality isn't normal, or is just a phase, or doesn't exist at all. when i date men, they say i'm obviously straight and just claiming bisexual to get a rouse out of others. when i date women, they say 'see? you are really a lesbian who is scared to admit it.' and then they tell me that bisexuality doesnt exist. it's a way for straight women to tease men, and a way for lesbians to come out less harshly. 


but what i'm wondering is, just as you shouldn't tell a homosexual that being gay doesnt exist, or a transgendered person to suck it up and stay as god made them, what gives you the right to tell me that how i feel is wrong? that the fact that i know myself better than anyone else doesn't mean anything? i am completely comfortable with my sexuality, if you aren't then you don't have to be my friend, or read my blog. i have known lesbians who have told me that they don't believe in bisexuality. one in particular had a crush on me, and when she was rejected, decided that i couldn't possibly like women because i didn't like her.

i believe that every single being, under any part of the sexuality spectrum,has the right to express him or herself sexually and has the right to not be questioned about it in a rude or abusive manner. if you are truly confused about bisexuality [or any, really...] talk to a friend, an acquaintance, someone that IS that sexuality. i'm sure that as long as you are not rude, and genuinely interested in expanding your understanding, they will be happy to help you out. 

0 comments: