Sunday, August 1, 2010

the annes and the andrews part une

i have made it a point to not tell any friend/family member/acquaintance that i feel that someone has bad motives. it may seem like I'M being a bad friend here, but here's the thing:

1- say you are my friend. and you have suddenly become best friends with anne. and i have a feeling that anne isn't the sweetest apple in the bunch. but you love anne. you think she is the greatest thing since fruity pebbles. and so, when i see anne starting to prove my theory, all i can do is hopelessly sit there, and perhaps GUIDE you. such as "if anne makes you this upset, then perhaps this friendship isn't working out." or "it seems to me that anne can be a little selfish." because, if i say, "anne is a lying whore who is plotting against you mean-girls style," eventually you will mention this to anne. then you and anne will get together and plot against ME meangirls style. eventually, anne will get you too. but it will be too late for our friendship to be mended. 

2- a friend actually did this to/for me when i had my own anne. when she felt suspicious about anne's behavior, she didnt run to me and say, "erin watch out for anne!" she stood back and let me figure it out for myself. as much as i wish this friend DID step up and tell me what anne was going to do, i did learn a big lesson in the end on my own.

screw the annes of this world!!

now for the meat of the story. i have a friend. she's smart, ambitious, and a little kooky in an endearing way. and she is heading for disaster. you see, she has met an ANDREW from my past. an andrew who must have multiple personality syndrome. for on one hand, from the outside, he seems sweet. mixed cds, flowers, the like. but it's too much sweet at once. like trying to chew 3 packs of skittles at the same time. and his other side, don't even get me started. controlling [don't wear makeup, you dont need this, you dont need that; basically he tries to tell you what you want, need, and feel as if he is god.], refuses to compliment, whines!! [you never let me pick what we should do. wah wah wah. well i would let you pick if you didn't want to force me to do things i wasn't comfortable with. or force me to eat a food that i've tried many times and don not like. i'm not a 5 year old you have to force to eat her veggies.] ANYWAY there is much more to the story, but the gist of it is, i don't like being controlled. i don't like men who think that if they give you flowers to make you smile, they can now tell you what to do, and be shady about it. as in "i think i'm going to control her but i think she's too dumb to realize i'm controlling her." i think if you ask many of the men in my life [family, friends, etc] why exactly they like me, it's because i think for myself. i'm independent. i'm a firecracker. i'm stubborn. i'm a woman's rights activist. i get what i want, and i'm strong as hell. ANDREW did not like this. he wanted me to be his puppet.

well my friend, let's call her Elle, is now involved with andrew. and i made the mISTAKE of trying to warn her before hand. because, andrew is calculating. i'm sure she made him aware of my warnings. i'm sure he twisted the story to make her believe all of the crazy was on me. now, i know it takes two to tango. obviously i'm not perfect. but andrew is bad news. and now my friend Elle barely talks to me. and while part of me hopes andrew treats her right, and doesnt pull any of the same shit with her, i know that then andrew in him is eventually going to come out. so elle, if you see this:

i'm sorry i said a word about andrew. if he makes you happy, then i'm happy for you. and i promise, you can talk to me, and not feel uncomfortable about the situation. i love you girl. 


more annes/andrews to come =]

0 comments: