Thursday, March 18, 2010

internet etiquette

when i first came home from cortland, i was very sad and depressed about the events that went down there.  one of the things i did to help me heal was "un-friend" most of the girls i went to school with there. i didn't want to see their updates on my facebook feed. but other than that, i've never deleted someone just because i got into a fight with them. deleting someone (i mean like within a few HOURS of the fight) so soon is ind of immature.
recently, someone deleted me and blocked me on facebook, goodreads, aim, and twitter. without warning. people i met through her deleted me automatically. now, i understand why this person deleted me. but all of her friends did too, right away. however she was "clever" enough to 'let' her 2 best friends still be my friend online, presumably to spy on me. i waited a while and then just deleted them.
and then 2 days ago, i got into a fight with someone. and when i went to go on his facebook yesterday to make peace and see if we could talk, i couldn't find him. i finally found him. he wasn't my "Friend" anymore. 24 hours after the fight!

at least with the first person to delete me, i actually do understand. we werent getting along, in a BIG way. so while i think that at some points she was childish and immature, its understandable that she didnt want me to know her business/ see me in her feed. but the other kid? he can suck it. i'm not really sure what his problem is. well, i am sure. but i dont want to discuss it on my blog :)

1 comments:

Jessica said...

Don't hold on to your anger or hurt, it keeps you from being loved.