Tuesday, March 2, 2010

currently reading:

Revolting Youth by C.D.Payne.
Nylon Magazine February 2010
                           March 2010

the nylons will get cut into collages.
fashion.
music.
don't tell me who to be, but give me the tools to find out on my own
who i am and who i want to be.

As for Revolting Youth, i like it so far.i'm on page 53 out of 276... it's the sequel to Youth in Revolt, a book i read over the summer, and basis for the same-titled movie starring Michael Cera (which i have yet to see :( ) From my point of view, the first book (3 in 1) was better, but since i'm only so much into it, i can't really judge. all i can say is Nick Twisp is still dressed as a girl. and surprisingly, i still see the boy i made up in my head, and not Michael Cera. the cover of the version of the book the library gave me is ugly. it makes the book not look so great like the new cover does. i wish that all books had beautiful covers... i know not to judge books based on looks, but aesthetics don't hurt. although i can't recommend this book quite yet, i definitely recommend its predecessor!!

tonight i had lunch with my dad. it was awesome to have one on one time with him and talk adult to adult, and father to child at the same time. i love my dad, he's always been there for me and i am extremely fortunate to have a wonderful relationship with him. i'm extremely sad that he doesn't live with us anymore, but i've never doubted his love and devotion for us kids for even a moment. i wish everyone could say the same about their own fathers.

to those who are reaching out to me, please don't hesitate to send me a text or message, i'm always here to talk. anytime.

0 comments: