Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Brigid

today one of my homework assignments was to find a goddess and research her... i knew who i wanted to do but i could not think of her name. well, i found her. Her name is Brigid and she is part of a trio of sisters [it's weird.. they are sisters but they are also sometimes referred to as sisters. in some of the versions, her name is actually Erin.] I really felt like i connected to her quickly and now i know why... she is the goddess of poetry and she actually has a holiday that is celebrated in IRELAND on my BIRTHDAY. so that's exciting. because i'm a poet and now i know my birthday is on a day specifically celebrating poetry. which i DONT think is a coincidence because i was born on the wrong day... i was late. and i believe in fate, so perhaps there is a deep reason as to why i waited to be born. also that my name is erin... my parents didnt choose it for any reason, except for they like it. BUT it happens to be the name of one of the incarnations of Brigid.


ok just thought i'd share. have a good day/night/week/life.

0 comments: