Saturday, September 18, 2010

i heart animal collective and passion pit and i heart you

but this post is about yoga.

my first foray into yoga was in high school, around junior year. we did a dvd in class and i kinda liked it but it felt silly doing it in a room filled with my classmates whom were always laughing at each other and i didn't want to feel like they were laughing at me. then, in senior year, my big hulking former football playing chem teacher formed a yoga club which i eagerly joined.
but it wasn't until last year that i really got into yoga when i started going to LuLu Lemon classes with her on sunday mornings at 930 am. i've posted about it before, it's always a great experience to be there. unfortunately work has gotten in the way but now i get to take yoga mondays and wednesdays for a PE class at my college. too bad it ends in October and the college refuses to give us a "yoga II." there is a tennis II, a jogging II, but not a yoga II. which is so unfair because yoga is such a great physical and mental activity that stimulates all areas of the body and spirit. perhaps we can start a petition...

yoga is something i feel i will carry with me for the rest of my life. i can do it anywhere, it's not as if i need to carry equipment around. it calms me down, and i lead a very stressful life just like every one else does these days. yoga makes me ready for the day, and ready to take on whatever comes my way. i love the way it combines the verbal, physical, and spiritual, and makes them all one with each other yet separate entities. no wonder it has stood the test of time.

0 comments: