Thursday, August 6, 2009

Okay so it’s a rainy Thursday morning. I just showered and put on some comfy clothes and I’m feeling like it is the perfect time to take a break from surfing the internet to talk about some books and movies. J

So I’ve been reading like crazy lately again, which makes me really happy because I feel like I’m exercising my brain. A few weeks ago I started reading Sara Shepard’s Pretty Little Liar’s series. At first glance, they look like they are fluffly little books about boys and gossip. But they really blew me away and surprised me. The series follows four friends; Spencer, Aria, Emily, and Hanna after the loss of their 5th friend Ali. Suddenly, their perfect little Pennsylvania suburb isn’t so wonderful anymore as the girls begin to realize that they are being watched by someone who knows all their dirty little secrets and is willing to expose them to the world. Each book reveals new secrets and new unsolved mysteries. I’ve read the first 5 and I’m waiting for the library to get in the 6th! I’m pretty impatient…

Then there was Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac by Gabrielle Zevin. This book was amazing. I read it in less than 2 days. I couldn’t put it down. It follows Naomi, a beautiful young adoptee who loses a coin toss. As a result, she hits her head and forgets everything that happened in her life after the age of 12 (she is now 17). She struggles as she learns who she was, and who she wants to be. This book is heartbreaking and sincere. I definitely would buy this and stick it on the shelf for a rainy day.

And now, I am reading Vegan Virgin Valentine by Carolyn Mackler. It’s a little “young” for me, but it’s still a good story so far. I’ll let you know how it is.

As for movies, I really can’t wait to see The Time Traveler’s Wife. I know it is based off of a book that I have yet to read, which is a but unfortunate but I guess I’ll live. It looks promising, and I usually admire Rachel McAdams’ taste in movie roles. She really is the most beautiful actress I’ve seen lately. She’s gorgeous, but real looking.

Also, I’m really waiting for New Moon to come out. It was my favorite Twilight book, for one. I know a lot of people may disagree, but wahatever. I am definitely team Jacob. Plus, I’m tired of hearing about it. I just want to see it. Before the Twilight movies, I really liked Kristen Stewart. She was in In the Land of Women, and Speak, and I thought she did a really good job. She is a good Bella but now she is so overexposed. I’m not so sure about Nikki Reed as Rosalie. She seems like she’s extremely nice, and Rosalie… isn’t. Then again, a lot of actors and actresses like to play characters that are different than themselves.

Someone recommend some good books and movies to me please. Oh, and definitely some music!

<3

0 comments: