Friday, December 19, 2008

One Decade.

A lot is going to happen in the next year, let alone the next ten. therefore, i can't really be sure where i will be. in a decade, i will be on the brink of my 29th birthday. the way i see it, i have two possible choices: i can do everything my parents and society expect of me, or i could do what I expect of me. and although i may lose confidence in myself when faced with those who try to bring me down, i am a very stubborn young lady and i know what i want.

here's my plan. I'm going back to cortland this semester, not because i want to be there, not because my parents want me to go, but because i know that i can do much better than two d- and a couple of c+. never in my life have i been so insulted. i'm going to go back and get the grades i need to do what i want to do. second, i've been applying to transfer. as it is, my average is in the dumps and i may not get into my first choices, but i will leave cortland even if i go to nassau next fall. i'm going to face my fears and start driving. third, i'm going to graduate, with a teaching degree for french. when i graduate, i am going to get a job for one year at a store, in the mall, and take one year to be a kid and to do what i want. i'm going to save my money and write during my free time. I'm going to get a crappy apartment, outfit it with urban outfitters and live with Danny and a cat. once i've had my year of fun, i'm going to get a teaching job. i'm going to teach in a highschool, of course. i hope that while i teach i can make a bit of money on the side. waiting tables, something. i want to save up a lot, and hopefully write. i'm not sure when, but i know that europe is in my cards. perhaps over one summer i can take the trip i've been waiting for. and of course, i am planning on getting married and having babies. before i'm 40, i might add. i guess i have a busy ass decade up ahead.

0 comments: