Tuesday, October 19, 2010

everything is not what it seems

last night i dreamt about john krasinski; he had just finished marrying jenna fischer when he realized he was madly in love with me. sometimes i wish i was liz lemon and that 30 rock and the office were one show. imagine the antics that would go on between michael scott and tracey jordan? by the way, i'm only on season 3 of the office, so for me... steve carell isn't going anywhere for a while. i'd love to write for a tv show. it would be grueling and so awesome. i can handle the tough stuff.

i stayed home from school the past 2 days to recoup, i have a horrible sinus infection. today i had to walk to work to give them a doctor's note for sunday and let them know i wouldn't be in tomorrow. on the way there i listened to kesha and wondered what life would be like musically if there were no autotune. which makes me think that it's not autotune that's bad, its the overuse of it. i am really bad at detecting autotune. if i detect it, you are using too much.

i think the only time detectable autotune was ever good was right before it became this big sensation. circa 2003, liz phair * used it on her eponymous album. back then she said something like 'recording this album was great. i got to play around with my voice with these really cool voice changer thingies.' thats not EXACTLY what she said, but close enough :) and lady gaga used it in blueberry kisses. even if you aren't necessarily the biggest gaga fan, take a listen.

if you don't know who liz phair is, i'm not sure you should be here. liz phair is one of the top 10 reasons i should have been born in 1979. she is just amazing, she recorded songs that she wrote about boys and drugs on cassette tapes in her room under the moniker "girlysounds." it became a hit and spawned the album exile in guyville, in which a dead pan liz sings about... boys and drugs. but she gets it. she gets the mind of a young woman in distress. she gets the mind of american youth. she is a rock and roll goddess.

for me she is just one of the many many mannyyyyyy artists that has influenced me.

i received an amazing compliment today when i logged onto blogspot. he or she hit it right on the nail: i am not always so sure people are listening or caring. its not that i need people to praise me all the time or tell me i am wonderful. we are all wonderful. but maybe a little less quiet a little more noise. interact with me. whoever you are, anonymous, you really made my day. i wasn't feeling well, and i logged on just to see if Joanna Goddard or Samantha Shorey had posted, and there was a huge comment and i thought, "oh geez this is probably going to be a really long hateful message" because usually i do get hateful messages if i get comments at all... and it was the opposite of hateful. you said i might know you... any hints?

if anyone wants to find me whenever i've been absent from here, you can read more of my babble at http://erinnnnnnaquarius.tumblr.com/  or twitter.com/kil1thewaitress - the second L is the number 1.

love you all <3

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you appreciate my comment, even though it was very all over the place. Lack of sleep turns me into ADHD ridden zombie. Paradoxical as that seems...
We have met once, through a friend of a friend sort of deal during some kind of social gathering. I don't want to give myself away because having a little mystery surrounding oneself livens up things a bit.
I will however tell you this much, I'm a girl.
Also, thanks for feeding my addiction for (cowbell) your blogs even more by providing me with even more of your blogsites (correct term? maybe yes no?).
I wanted to comment on one of your posts on tumblr but I'm not too sure how. So I guess I'll just address it here (leaving yet another long message, I'm sorry, sorry, sorry!)
I go to the (Levittown) library a good amount of times (not as often as you do though lawl) and the people that work there seem so... frustrated. It kills me to go in sometimes, I get so discouraged. My library books are often times a million days late and I'm constantly paying the late fee's, and everytime I do the librarians would treat me differently. They make me feel as though since I don't have the ability to return the books on time then I shouldn't even be allowed in there.
Why are they so cranky? They're doing something they obviously love, which working with books.
Though my friend pointed out that most of the librarians are older women that "Probably justs needs to get laid."
Gosh.